Friday, March 23, 2007

Dole Bananas - Jokes - Policitcs of Divide & Canquer




Dole Bananas: Most Persians in Iran pronounce it like “dool” as in “fool.”

Sexy and still around! I know some people will get a kick out of this and brings them fun memories! For myself, I stopped being amazed by this kind of jokes. They don’t appeal to my sense of humor any longer. Either I’ve become older or boring or both. We have a poker game once in a while and some of the guys always tell jokes about somebody’s accent or heritage (Turkie, Rashti, Esfahani, Jewish, & etc.) I know they even go further and substitute Turks for Polish, Isfahani for Irish or Jewish, and Ghazvini for Greeks.
Dole – My older blog reference to Pines in Persian
Shirin’s memorable encounter with Banana in Iran. A very interesting an funny story indeed.
And just to be clear, I don't want this to sound like an obsession of mine, so I will not mention bananas or anything having to do with male or female genitalia again.
Click the picture to enlarge so you can read the caption (joke!)

On Mixing Jokes and Politics
Although I may laugh at some, deep inside I find it disrespectful and perhaps divisive. I wonder if I could blame that on the English as well. I mean why do we pick on each other and have a laugh at the expense of another? Did someone plant the seeds of divisiveness among us to encourage discord and animosity between us? That good old theory of divide and conquer!


Divide and Conquer: Noam Chomsky’s Interview


Divide et impera: Latin term for Divide & Rule
in politics, sociology and economics, a strategy to gain or maintain power or an Algorithm in Computer Science
This is just interesting to me and I like the painting too.
Divide and Conquer: The Lord prayed that His people in this world would be one.

No comments: