Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm Such a Hypocrite



Scarlett Johansson goes to Harvard
. Another case of legally blond or the girl who played a Girl with a Pearl Earring and here is the author's link

I’m such a hypocrite! It’s actually not new. I have been known to disappoint myself before. Wow, it also means I’m a charlatan! Well, I only agree to be hypocrite this week. The same week that Hollywood praised Al Gore and gave him an Oscar for An Inconvenient Truth, just to have the media blast him for his $30,000 energy bill on his huge house.


Scarlet Pudding – The Sydney Morning Herald

Al Gore's electricity bill heats up blogosphe

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”


Group: Gore a hypocrite over power bill

Bill O’Rielly on the “O’Rielly Factor”, said that everybody can be called upon and called a hypocrite and praised Al Gore on his mission and defended him. Of all people, Bill O’Rielly to say that, I was very surprised. That was a good positive comment coming from, I think.

On the same segment, Dennis Miller Takes on the Oscars, Al Gore, NY times and ACLU.
If interested on the video segment
, scroll down to that section and click on the link, “video available here.”

Actually, if you read this whole article, on
FOX News
, it is a much more fair and balanced reporting. For example, the fact that the house is old and the are installing Solar Panels to reduced the power used off of the power grid and renovating the house to be more energy-efficient.

I also want to give credit where it’s due. This is one of my favorite sites that I always find interesting tidbits. That’s where I saw this news first. It dedicated to Archeology, but it’s much more than that (what ever the means, and I hope PhDiva doesn’t mind my last comment!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bijan
I have often a problem with blogger. Probably due to the slow connexion. I cannot open this comment window, it takes ages and it "times out". So I already tried to write something on previous posts, but didn't work.
You keep me up to date with all the excitements of the West, thanks for this interesting series of posts and good humor! :)

Tigress said...

I have still to read that news on Al Gore's energy bill, but U know what? I think that the fact that his film inspired me and many others to "care more" about the CO2 emission problem is more important to me :)

bijan said...

Homeyra: I’m sorry, I had no idea you are having so much difficulty (: I feel guilty including so many pictures and so many links. Thank you for the very kind and supportive words. It’s very much appreciated. Dittos to you too. I learned something new: Connexion is the same as Connection, although my US version MSWORD doesn’t recognized it :);)

Tigress: You’re absolutely right. I’m sorry; I should be more careful how I write/arrange my post. Actually, I’m a Democrat, an Al Gore supporter, and I did vote for him 6 years ago. I failed to show that on this bolg, since I left the supportive arguments towards the end and I shouldn’t have included so many conflicting reports towards the beginning.