Wednesday, October 18, 2006

First blog

I have updated my first blog (this writing.) I will leave the original intact, but in italics. From the comments I got it was a little personal and that’s perhaps not a proper blog, especially a first. That was the first thing that came to mind. The creative juices had not started to flow yet! The truth is, that I don’t think I’ll be good blogger. Lately I've been the “second personality”, the boring one. Read “About me,” if you don’t know what I mean. For now I think I’ll just enjoy reading others'. If I come up with something good, I will share it here. I am just sorry this one is so lame. I did update the info though (“About Me” and “Interests…”)

Here is the original content:

I missed Niki very much. We don't talk that much. Actually I don't have much to say to her even though she has made the attempt to call me the last few times. I just keep it short and just ask how she is doing. I sent her an email last Saturday and she just sent me a short answer. I guess she doesn't have much to say to me either. She just said she has strep throat, but she is excited that Halloween is coming up. Her first party is this weekend!
"P" (and family) left for Norway last Sunday. God only knows when I'll get to see them again (well I shouldn't use that term, God knows what my beliefs are!) I talked to his mom yesterday and she told me she had joined them in the airport. She also liked the little Elmo doll I got for little "T". Well this is it for now.


Here is Niki and I many years ago. Neither of us look anything like our pictures now! Sorry they came out so small. I'll work on that later. She is really gorgeous in these pictures.



2 comments:

Shirin said...

This seems like a very private post so I hope you don’t think me insensitive leaving you this comment but the part with ‘God only knows…’ reminded me of something I saw on television the other night and really tickled me.
A reporter was interviewing a naked old lady (sitting on a swing, with a plate of barbequed chicken and corn on the cob on her lap) in a nudist camp. ‘Are you a Christian?’ the reporter asked the lady. ‘No’ she replied, ‘Thank god I’m an atheist.’

bijan said...

Thank you for your consideration. I was just trying to see how this ‘blogging’ thing works and that was the first thing that came to mind. I think blogs are like a non-private journals, on line! You’re very observant. Your ‘naked lady’ story also reminded me of Dr. Shojania’s book title, 'A Persian Letter: To a Pious Mother from an Agnostic Son'. I think Mojgan has a copy, but I don’t. By the way, Nicole is my only daughter who lives in Portland, Oregon and Payman is my nephew who just moved back to Norway.