Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ouch! You snooze you lose.

Ouch! You snooze, you lose. There is another angle to this, a whole long story and somewhat related, but it’ll fall in the category of “Too much information!” I will tell you this much that I had met someone new prior to this and it was amistake and I wished the whole date and dinner had not happened, but it did and it was all my fault. So, how do I explain this? I had often thought about that new book by this guy, former Sex and the City writer and co-author of He’s just Not That Into You, Greg Behrendt. I totally understand it. I have not read the book or need to read it. I get it! There was no fooling myself and I absolutely didn’t want to use her, waste her time, or just string her along until a better thing comes along. I’m not that way. I am a romantic fool. I yearn to be in love and have butterflies in my stomach when I’m dating someone… I really have to like someone and be attracted to her. So, I’ll spare you and will just jump into the real story.

Well, I just couldn’t get myself into picking up the phone and calling her. I did torture myself, thinking about it though. I made a few excuses in my head, but all along I knew if I don’t call her soon, I will regret it. I just procrastinated. I think I felt I was still in mourning as a result of the last fiasco. This is not like doing your taxes. There are people on the other end of this and my decision and indecisiveness will have a cause and an affect. What was I thinking? Did I think I could just take my sweet time and time will just stay still for me? I sat on it until I new it was probably too late. So, just to be sure, I called D again and asked if N is still available. I jokingly asked if she was already married. She told me that she is still available and I should go ahead and call her now. I called N today and she said, “I’m sorry, but you were supposed to call me long time ago and they said you had made problem with the distance and…I already have a boyfriend.” The line wet quiet for a minute and all I could say was to say was to say, “Oh well! I guess it’s my loss! I hope everything works out for you. Thanks for returning my call and bye.” I had never felt so little! I guess I deserved it. I’m sure I will not repeat that mistake again. How much did this lesson cost me? Okay, mister romantic: Could I have missed meeting my true love? I'll never know!

2 comments:

Tigress said...

Uhhh, that sounds like soem sticky situation. . .but actually not really.
So, what? U missed a semi-blind date. U had a couple of meals with someoen U were not interested in. . . Happens.
Relax and enjoy ur life.


PS. good luck :)

bijan said...

tigress: thanks for the support.