Sunday, February 25, 2007

Helen Mirren Portraying Queen Elizabeth I & II


Queen Elizabeth I (1533-1603)
Queen Elizabeth II (1926 to Present)

The great actress, Helen Mirren, is nominated for the movie Queen, where she portrayed Queen Elizabeth II, in a short period around the death of Princes Diana. Helen is a prominent British actress with a long list of great roles and credits behind her. Her birth name is Ilyena Vasilievna Mironov.


Helen recently also played in an HBO: Elizabeth I, miniseries (2 parts,) portraying the history of Queen Elizabeth I’s long reign in a troubled and tumultuous time (1533-1603.) She did a magnificent job, truly worthy of an Oscar’s performance, but this was not showed in the theaters. Helen won numerous accolades for her performance in Elizabeth I. Queen Elizabeth I’s life and history is extremely interesting and exciting from how she became a Queen to her conquests and how she protected herself and defended England. She never married, so she did not have an heir. I’m in loss for words over this program or the part Helen played in this movie. Her role and performance, according to my opinion, was far more diverse and dynamic and more worthy of an academy award’s Oscar. I strongly recommend anyone interested to check out this movie.

Queen Elizabeth II's 80th. Birthday

More Links:
Elizabeth I (2005) HBO miniseries
HBO: Elizabeth I
The Queen, the movie, site
The Queen, the movie, UK Site
Helen Mirren Offers Intimate Portrait of "The Queen", on NPR

Queen Elizabeth Rose

No comments: