Monday, February 12, 2007

Missing in Action


Where is the KID in me? Why have I grown up? I used to do great imitations of Mohandes Billy and Samad (two characters in two older Persian sitcomes!)

I had a great imagination. I used to create plays for kids my own age and make up the Cowboy and Indian stories and narrate the made up stories on the fly. My friends loved to gather around and listen to my stories.


I used to sing when I was in high school. I enjoyed many Persian songs. I even thought I had a good voice although I was too shy to sing in front of anyone. I was a one man show. Well, not all Persian songs. Let it be (such an irony), on of my favorite songs (Beatles), Nights in White Satin (Moody Blues) or Jom-eeha (Fridays, by Fereydon Foroghi), or couple of Dariyoush’s songs. How sad, I can't even remember which Dariyoush songs!

What’s become of me? Have I become that serious and boring that I hardly laugh at many jokes and I find most TV sitcoms boring and stupid?



I don't have any answers, but I just wanted to write these down for now.

Nights In White Satin

Studio Recording - Best Sound!


Let It Be


Beatles

2 comments:

Tigress said...

I like the fact that U take the time to enrich the post with pictures and links. . .
And the kid in u is just playing hide and seek ;)

bijan said...

tigress: Thank you, I'm glad you like it and thank you for the very clever insight. That makes feel much better, as you suggest, I just have to pick around the corner to find the kid in me again.