Sunday, February 11, 2007

What a Talented Guy!

Sometimes I’m just too full of myself, especially when I think I’m being funny. Actually, I used to be a good actor when I was little. I could bark just as good as vicious dog and do one other thing that I’m not too proud to admit. I could do a donkey’s bray really well (ar ar, we call it in Farsi.) Many years later, I saw it done in one of the God Father movies, It was when Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) was sent to Sicily to lay low for a while. This is when he meets that Sicilian girl and marries her, but shortly after she is killed in a car bomb. In the movie, one of the Sicilian guards does a great imitation of a donkey’s bray as well too.

But two imitations and acting that I was really proud of was doing Mohandes Billy and Sammad in Sarkar Ostovar (Parvize Sayad). Mohandes Billy’s famous expression, “Yes dear – Areh Joonnam, Areh Azizam,” while he brushed side of his chin with his index finger.

In summer vacations we used to go to Shomal (Caspian Sea beach cities.) My parents always made plans with others friends and relative with kids our age. We used to have a great time at beach and most nights we ate in. Right before the dinner was served, I would put together a funny show with all original monologues. As I recall, I was very funny and creative and everyone really enjoyed it. At any other time, I was so shy that I could never see my self performing or sing in front of strangers. Go figure! It’s all a fond memory. Even up to this day, I still tease my mom and call her “Naneh Agha!”

Samad & Bruce Lee:

Samad, Boorooz Ali va Naneh Agha dar Sarkar Ostovar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I was not expecting "imitating" to be one of your numerous talentS..
I'm impressed..
;)

bijan said...

Foulla: ur too kind. I surprise myself too.